Air Conditioning Installation In Farmington
Crystal Heating & Cooling proudly offers fast, friendly, affordable air conditioning installation services in and around Farmington.
If you're in the market for a new air conditioner, make sure you understand all the options available, including the brand, what type of cooling system, the size of the AC unit you need, the SEER rating to consider, and yes, the price.
As trusted air conditioning contractors, you can rest assured we will deliver and install the best-in-value air conditioning unit available on the market.
Learn all about our air conditioning installation services below. If you need more help, have a question, or want a free on-site quote, request a service call today.
We'll be happy to serve you.
Air Conditioning Installation
What Is AC Installation?
Air conditioning installation is replacing or installing the equipment necessary to keep your home comfortable.
Indoor air conditioning also helps with humidity control, reducing allergens and irritants such as bacteria, mold, and mildew.
AC Installation is a labor-intensive job and requires both electrical and refrigeration work.
A licensed HVAC technician who is skilled and knowledgeable is required to complete the job correctly.
Multiple steps should be completed to ensure the job is done right so you can get as many years out of your new unit as possible.
What Does an AC Installation Include?
What's included in an AC Installation service depends on your specific needs. However, most include the following:
- Performing a free on-site estimate
- Removing your existing central air conditioner
- Preparing the areas around your new ac unit
- Removing existing and installing new indoor evaporator coil
- Removing the existing and installing new copper refrigerant lines (line set)
- Setting the new air conditioner condenser
- Filter dryer installation
- Installing new high and low-voltage wiring
- Installing new condensate drain line if needed
- Installing your new air conditioning unit
- Startup of the commissioning process
- Installing the new thermostat inside the home
- Final check and basic maintenance instructions
- Cleanup and closing process
Benefits of Air Conditioning Installation
There are many critical benefits to having an AC unit in your home for health and comfort. The sooner you install your air conditioning, the sooner you will start seeing the benefits. Some of these benefits include:
Carrier Residential Infinity® System
The Infinity system is our most advanced heating and cooling system and it will redefine what comfort is for you.
Connected, intelligent, and efficient, the industry-leading Infinity System gives you maximum control and unsurpassed comfort by helping minimize temperature swings and hot and cold spots within your home, while saving you money on energy costs.
It's the ultimate expression of our expertise and innovation—designed to give you the ideal indoor environment with the least amount of effort.
It's biggest advantage is in its ability to create your idea of comfort. All the parts work together giving you superior energy efficiency, quiet performance, and the ability to control it from anywhere.
For the ultimate home comfort, choose the Carrier Residential Infinity System.
- Reduced Possibility of Asthma Attacks - As mentioned above, an AC unit helps control the humidity in your home, which reduces the presence of allergens and irritants
- More Secure and Quiet Home - Most people running their air conditioning will keep their windows and doors closed. Not only is this better for your safety, but it can also reduce the noise inside your home.
- Fewer Insects and Parasites - The filters used within the air conditioner can help to keep insects and parasites out.
- Better Sleep - Colder air temperatures help us get more quality sleep. An air conditioner can ensure the temperature in your home is optimal for sleeping.
- Electronic Overheating Prevention - Electronics tend to overheat in a warm environment, which can cause expensive damage. Keeping the air temperature in your home cool can also help keep your electronics cool.
- Reduces Risk of Dehydration and Heat Stroke - Hot temperatures can trigger heavy sweating, putting you at risk of dehydration. Heat stroke is also a concern in hot environments. Keeping your home cool can help you avoid these significant health risks.
Factors of Determining AC Installation Cost
AC installation can seem like a big undertaking with a hefty price tag, but it is essential to know your options. With summers seemingly getting hotter and hotter, a well-functioning air conditioner in your home is a necessary investment.
The cost of these units and installations can vary greatly depending on several factors:
You will need a larger unit and a customized system for larger homes. But keep in mind systems with newly advanced cooling technology make it possible to cool even the largest homes, from the basement to the top floor. You may need a larger unit to cover the necessary square footage.
Desired Comfort Level
Are you looking for whole home comfort or prefer to focus on specific rooms? This is a question to ask yourself when installing your new ac unit. Some people have rooms that are rarely used and choose only to cool the rooms used as a way to help conserve energy. These decisions will help determine the size and type of unit you need.
Your home’s insulation, windows, and landscaping can impact the size and type of system you need. If your home is well insulated with lots of tree coverage, you may not need as robust of a system as someone whose home is poorly insulated.
New or Replacement System
Generally, the cost of a replacement system is lower than a completely new installation. If installing or replacing ductwork is, the price can be significantly higher.
Type of System
The system you choose can affect the cost. There are many air conditioning types, such as central air units, heat pump systems, and ductless AC units. Choosing the right air conditioning system for your home is crucial, and Crystal Heating and Cooling can help!
Warning Signs You Need AC Replacement
Make sure to pay close attention to your home's air flow so that you notice when something is a little off.
Signs to look for include:
- Lack of cool air
- Limited airflow
- Moisture buildup
- Smoky or burning smell
- Increased energy bill
- Grinding or screeching sound
Things to Consider:
- Considering which AC unit is best for you, consider the brand reputation and SEER ratings.
- SEER stands for seasonal energy efficiency ratio and is the rating scale system for measuring your air conditioner’s efficiency.
- The ratio is found by dividing the total energy used by the system's output during cooling months.
- Most units fall within the 13-26 SEER rating range.
- Remember that the higher the SEER rating, the higher the energy efficiency.
- So although a unit with a higher rating may cost more for purchase and installation, it could save you money over its lifetime.
What's the Best AC Brand on the Market?
From being in this business since 1965 to servicing all air conditioner makes and models, we are confident that Carrier is the best AC brand in the market for your home’s all-around comfort.
Their founder invented the first modern AC system in 1902, and the company has focused on innovation and improvement.
As you research your options, and no matter your budget or specific needs, from a single air conditioner, to an entire Carrier system, we have the best solutions to meet your needs.
Our Carrier units range in SEER rating from 13-26, so we have units for every home's needs.
Which AC unit is suitable for your home?
- Infinity System - The highest degree of comfort management
- Performance Series - Perfect balance between performance and cost
- Comfort Series - The most economical energy-efficient cooling for your home
From air conditioners to furnaces, heat pumps, and more, choose Carrier.
Grab An HVAC Deal & Save
Save on a Ductless Mini-Split System or two unique, complete Carrier systems today!
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many variables to getting an accurate cost to installing an AC in your home. Factors include your home square footage, your desired comfort level, your home efficiency, noise requirements, the type of system, and even whether you need added ductwork. If you need a new unit or a replacement system, installation costs start at around $5,000. To get an accurate price, request a free in-home estimate.
AC installation can be different depending on the house and whether an old AC unit is present. Most installation jobs include removing your old system, installing the new system with necessary piping and ductwork, and a new thermostat installation.
Unless you have extensive HVAC experience, it is highly recommended that you call an expert. AC installation is intricate and can be dangerous due to electricity. We highly recommend consulting with a professional heating and cooling company.
With correct installation, maintenance, and care, a well-made AC unit such as a Carrier will last between 15-20 years. Keep an eye out for warning signs such as funny smells, blowing hot air, or strange noises, as these could be signs that the AC unit needs to be repaired or replaced. To extend the life of your HVAC system, we highly recommend investing in an HVAC maintenance plan.